Beginner's Luck

Monday, March 14, 2011

Time To Go

The news footage of the damage and destruction left behind after Friday's quake and tsunami is so sad to watch, as I am sure you all would agree. Being so close (yet so far) to the devastation is unsettling and nerve racking for me, and the effects of the nuclear power plant trouble are being felt in Tokyo. There is little food and water left in the grocery stores, long lines at the gas stations & scheduled electricity rationing.

Jody and I had already scheduled a trip to Beijing and will be leaving tomorrow afternoon as planned, and I think it is fair to say that we're both anxious to be leaving Japan for a week. We will be able to watch the coverage of everything that is happening in Japan from afar and we'll have the chance to assess what to do next. Currently, I have plans to fly home the day after we get back from China & Jody will be staying in Tokyo to finish up his work here. If the situation grows worse, he of course will be coming home too. Right now though, that's the plan.

I know that our family and friends are worried about us, and Jody & I are so grateful for all of the concern and care we've been shown. I want to assure everyone that we are safe and staying abreast of the situation here in Japan.

Soon, I promise to return to my normal & cheerful blogging.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey hermana! I am beat from a long day, but look forward to catching up on your travels here. So glad you and Jodi are safe. I didn't see a follow button on here?

March 15, 2011 at 6:45 PM  
Blogger Taylor Polk said...

Hope you guys have a blast in China! I'm sure it will be nice to get away from the craziness for a minute. I cannot wait to see you next week and I hope Jody comes soon after.

March 15, 2011 at 10:39 PM  
Blogger mom said...

I am sure you two will love China. What a time you will have. I am looking forward to seeing both of you soon. Bella says Hi, and wants to see Buddy and Taylor very soon.

March 17, 2011 at 11:05 PM  
Blogger Caitlin said...

I'm so happy you are comin' on home!! I hope Jody gets to follow.. I want to see your shining face asap!.. are you planning the KW adventure this summer? otherwise I want trip it to you. I love you cousin. I hope you are enjoying China, can't wait until you are home and safe in our arms :) xoxoox

March 21, 2011 at 1:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home