Beginner's Luck

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Mmmm mmmm good

I am a big fan of soup. Even in the heat of summer, I often find myself craving a bowl of Greek Isles Avgolemono...it's my favorite - in Charlotte.

Here in Tokyo, Jody and I have both quickly fallen in love with Ramen. Specifically, Yasai Ramen from the mom & pop shop down the street. The broth is made slowly with a soy base and a bunch of other ingredients that make it the perfect home for a pile of hearty noodles, veggies and pork.

Words really don't do the ramen or the mom & pop shop justice and I am no food writer, so I will let you taste through pictures instead. Enjoy!
.



{yum}
.



{yum}



{done}



5 Comments:

Blogger Dad said...

Mmmm mmmm good. Japan has so many styles of cooking, you must be loving it. What are the grocery stores like? Have you been to an out door farmers market type of shopping for food yet?

February 11, 2011 at 6:45 PM  
Blogger Taylor Polk said...

Oh yum! That looks soooo good. Glad to finally see some food pics :)

February 12, 2011 at 1:18 PM  
Blogger mom said...

Love you.

February 12, 2011 at 4:39 PM  
Blogger mom said...

Looks like you love Tokyo. Wonderful choice. You are eating healthy and I can see where eating this soup would become addicting. Missing you so much. Proud of you and Jody.

February 12, 2011 at 4:45 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This is the most amazing blog i have ever read. You boyfriend sounds like an amazing person (and he is so handsome)...

February 14, 2011 at 9:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home