Beginner's Luck

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Earthquake Aftermath

If I had known that Wednesday's 7.3 earthquake was just a prelude to the 8.9 quake that hit Japan on Friday, I wouldn't have made a silly post about a song and a 30-second building sway. I've thought about taking the initial post down, considered erasing both...but then realized that I wouldn't rip pages out of my travel journal, would I?

Thank you to everyone at home for reaching out to us and showing so much concern. The worst of everything didn't even come close to us, and my heart just breaks for the thousands and thousands directly affected in NE Japan. Reading the news every few hours has kept the gravity and reality of the situation in check for me, but it still seems unreal that such tragedy is happening just a few hundred miles away.

4 Comments:

Blogger Shawn and Erika Buffum said...

Love you - so glad you're staying safe.

March 13, 2011 at 6:41 AM  
Blogger mom said...

Think of you and Jody all the time. Love @ Hugs.

March 13, 2011 at 1:32 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Glad your coming home soon and sad what is happening in Japan.My eyes keep filling up with tears as I hear our world news.They are in my thoughts and prayers.
Do you know when you'll be coming home?Love Aunt

March 14, 2011 at 8:42 PM  
Blogger Taylor Polk said...

So glad that you guys are safe. I'm also glad you didn't take down any posts. Crazy how quickly life can change.

March 15, 2011 at 10:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home