Beginner's Luck

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Conversations

Yesterday I had my third meeting with my new conversation partner, Emiko. Before visiting the Tokyo Metropolitan Teien Art Museum, we chatted over a traditional Japanese lunch at the museum cafe. It's exciting and fun to have a new friend in Tokyo, and it's great to learn more about Japanese culture and society through a local's eyes. Palling around with someone who speaks the language doesn't hurt either.
.
Over lunch we talked about everything from what surprises me most about Japan - it's an absolutely spotless city, to how Emiko started to learn English - watching American television. We sprinkled the day with a little bit of confusion but mostly with fun and encouragement.
.
I didn't bring my camera yesterday, and I always like to include pictures in my posts, so today I am sharing random photos of my daily wanderings. Enjoy!
.
{Tokyo street view from pedestrian bridge}
.
{Yebisu stouts at the Beer Museum}
.
{another picture of the bodhisattva Jizo at the Zojo-ji Temple}
.
{fresh tuna that melts like butter, prepared at home!}
.
{view of courtyard area around Yasukuni Shrine}
.
{copper seating Buddha at the Tenno-ji temple}











3 Comments:

Blogger Dad said...

Sounds like fun, I bet you each have a lot of laughs.

March 5, 2011 at 7:14 AM  
Blogger Taylor Polk said...

Love, love this post! Thanks for the food picture :) That tuna looks incredible and I'm even more impressed that you guys prepared that ATH. I cannot wait til you get back and show me all your amazing pictures. You're blog is so descriptive and well written. I feel like Buddy and I are right there with you :)

March 7, 2011 at 9:10 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hello travelers
As always enjoy your blog You'll have to introduce your friend Amiko by a photo. Tell her your Aunt Janet wants to meet her. I think it's nice you have a friend in Tokyo.
That seatng Buddha is beautiful and the tuna is inviting.
The thought of it melting like butter in your mouth is scrumptious .
Take Care you guys. Sayonara. Aunt Janet(XOX

March 8, 2011 at 2:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home